Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday Mornings Are Best!

So I was just checking in with Kenneth's blog and Kristin's blog both of whom are much funnier than I am; I thought I should weigh in on a couple of things.

The Amazing Race... I, like both of them, am in LOVE with this season all ready. Welcome back AR! I can only hope that Team Peg Leg will meet some delicious demise that includes her pledging her undying love to him and him telling her how cute the model boys are. One can only hope.

I do love the Kentucky couple as well, but I have loved Kentucky people for a long time... Bob the Tomato for example, one of my great friends is a Kentucky boy and there is a Paducah family that I enjoy so very much. So go Kentucky!

Can we please, please STOP having the annoying gays on American television??? Good grief, why do producers feel compelled to find the most girlish, campish, men to represent our community. Most of us are like the Bears in the Little Terra Cotta House on Del Vale, pretty normal people who sit home and watch TV at night and think about crafts and going to the county fair. We often say we are what the extreme Right is most afraid of.

So here I sit on Sunday morning, with the dog chewing on yet another dry bone, publishing my thoughts for the world to read. How 21st century is that? Oh I forgot, I am drinking a latte brewed from Ethopian Super Natural coffee from Peets... if you haven't tried it... hurry down and get you some... it's DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

-kenneth- said...

We are *exactly* what the Conservative Right Wing Lunatics should fear most: Fairly ordinary people leading fairly ordinary lives. Being so makes it fairly impossible to marginalize us as "other," which in turn marginalizes the very foundation of their crusade. It's not so much the fear that we're just like them that does them in; it's the horrifying realization that they're just like us.