Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Gay Un-friendly Skies

Okay... So this is not what I was going to write about today, but I can't resist.

I read today on Advocate.com that a gay couple was threatened by an American Airlines crew, including the captain, for being affectionate with one another. The article in the Advocate, points out over and over how low key the two were, but I don't really think it is that important if they were low key or not. Unless they were having sex in the seats, I think they have every right to be as affectionate as they want.

How many of us have been in public where a straight couple is all but having sex? That is somehow okay, but god forbid that two men or two women (wait two women would probably be okay because that would be sexy) make out in full public view???? I am OUTRAGED... Yet again.

Well I suppose in this new USA where there is only one truth, we must expect this. What's next, separate restrooms and drinking fountains for us? Oh wait... That's been done all ready.

No comments: