Monday, September 18, 2006

In the beginning...

Well, I am not sure how this will work for me, but it seems to be a sign of the times. So here goes...

It is Monday, 18 September, 2006 and I have just returned from Seattle for the weekend. I am once again reminded as I clear security and fly home, how I don't feel any safer today than I did on 10 September, 2001. That is not to say that I don't feel safe, in fact, I do. It is merely to comment on a feeling that we aren't safer, dispute no shoes, no water bottles, no shampoo, no shaving cream and no dignity.

I also remain amused at the folks that just don't get how to clear security in a timely manner. I was sitting in front of a man who claimed that it had taken 60 minutes to clear security. I checked in and was through security for the same flight in 15 minutes. That is checking in and clearing security. Seems odd.

So there are this architect's ramblings for today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: